|Position Title:||Preschool Teacher|
|Job Status:||Part Time - Annual Contract|
|Compensation:||$20,960 - $28,820; DOE|
|Teacher's Hours:||MWF 8:00 am - 11:45 am & 12:15 pm - 3:45 pm
T/TH 8:00 am - 11:30 am
1 Board meeting a month
3 – 2-hour summer play dates at a local Helena City Park
|Classroom Hours:||MWF 8:30 am -11:30 am & 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm T/TH 8:30 am - 11:00 a.m.|
Preschool, Inc., established in 1965, is the oldest preschool organization in Helena. As a non-profit and non- church affiliated preschool, it fills a community need by offering an affordable, positive, and social experience to 3, 4, and 5-year-old children.
The Preschool, Inc. program emphasizes strengthening family relationships, social development, sharing, and group dynamics all while preparing children for a successful transition into kindergarten. Parent involvement is a large component of the Preschool Inc. experience, with a parent volunteer present during every classroom session. The ability to incorporate the parent helper into daily activities is a significant job component.
Preschool, Inc. follows the Helena School District schedule for school starting and ending dates and days off throughout the school year.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all classroom activities, outdoor activities, and field trips in the locations and at the times designated.
- Attend all pre-service training, orientations, workshops, board meetings, and general membership meetings conducted by Preschool, Inc.
- Develop and maintain a stimulating classroom environment within the limits of the resources provided by Preschool, Inc.
- Prepare prior to each assigned session all lesson plans, materials, and supplies and keep lesson plans accessible in the classroom.
- Assess children’s development and conduct parent teacher conferences twice a year.
- Be perceptive and alert to the needs and capabilities of each child and employ a variety of techniques to meet them, and encourage children to help set and maintain orderly standards of classroom behavior.
- Assist the Equipment Manager in the selection of books, equipment, and other materials.
- Coordinate with the Equipment Manager for timely repair of equipment, replacement of equipment, ordering of classroom supplies, and other classroom material needs.
- Meet with prospective families for potential enrollment.
- Be responsible for the use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Communicate persistent and/or compelling classroom issues and unattended needs to the president of Preschool, Inc.
- Supervise, train, and/or direct activities of parent helpers, and persons providing special programs.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to insure the health and safety of the children.
- Cooperate with the Board of Directors in planning instructional goals, objectives, methods, curriculum, and materials.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations, statutes, and/or ethics germane to the performance of your classroom duties.
- Use parent committees to foster parent involvement and provide opportunities for student enrichment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or similar degree. Alternative educational backgrounds and experience leading to qualifications equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education will be considered. Montana Teacher Certification (or equivalent) would be considered highly favorable, but not required.
How to Apply
Email cover letter (include paragraph describing your teaching philosophy), resume, and at least 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.